Monday, October 18, 2010

Never and Always are God words

David Montoya told me yesterday on our way to Church that "Never and Always are God words." I am not even sure how that came up, but I really like the depth of that phrase. Think about it for a minute...

My child, My little one, oh how I love you. I would rather die than be without you-so I did. And know that I love you just as you are, not as you should be. Circumstances do not alter My love for you or My faithfulness to you. I am always thinking of you and I'm pleased. No matter where you are, no matter what you've done, I love you-unconditionally. My love for you is furious and unrelenting. Believe it. Accept acceptance. Trust that I love you. Such faith is your gift back to me. Believe that my words are true..."NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM MY LOVE!" Come sit upon My lap and let Me hold you. Get lost in my arms as if you were 4 years old. I know things are tough, but trust in me. Bring it to Me first and once the matter is in My hands do not hold onto it or take it back or worry about it. In my perfect time, not yours, I will address and resolve it perfectly. Because I do not sleep, there is no need for you to loose any. Simply rest My child, rest on My shoulder, and I will renew you. As you go about your day, follow My spirit...I will guide you because I love you and want the best for you. Simply acknowledge me in everything and I will make your paths straight. Come and waste time just being with me. I died for you because I love you and I want to have this relationship with you. I long for you to trust Me, to trust that I love you, to trust that living with Me is life...real life...abundant life. Let me transform you into what you are meant to be-flushing out selfishness/sin, and pouring in selflessness by My Spirit. You will not be satisfied any other way for they are apart from Me. Come, My darling, My beautiful one, come with Me. I have chosen you to be with Me...with Me forever. I will never leave you, I LOVE YOU! Isaiah 43:4, Psalm 103:11, Song of Songs 2:10, 1 John 3:16, Romans 8:38-39.

I am so good, because God is good and I am his child. Whooo! Saturday GHT YL went to a regional Student Leadership conference up in Everett and Rob Seims was our speaker. He gave us the above prayer before we left, the words of God are so true, I can almost hear God speaking those words to me when I look at the prayer.

Friday I climbed 1/4 the way up Mt. Rainier on the Paradise side by myself and I sat down on a slab of granite rock overlooking the entire mountain range, 360 degrees all around me in every direction as far as I could see where mountain peaks and trees. Right then and there I prayed and said to God, "Lord, I am leaving all the pain I feel from an event that happened in my life a few weeks ago up here on this mountain with you." Today I move forward in your love, I choose to allow you to heal me from this point forward! God I trust you with my heart and my future, I am yours. Then I heard that Bebo Norman song play in my head (the one he wrote at Malibu)

So walk down this mountain
With your heart held high
Follow in the footsteps of your maker
With this love that's gone before you
And these people at your side
If you offer up your broken cup
You will taste the meaning of this life

On my way home I called one of my best buds in the world, Sun. He mentioned that song as I was telling him about my experience that day. So solid!

Other great things happening in ministry this week: Meeting with some Seattle area YL staff folks to discuss Urban leadership development in the Seattle area. Grabbing breakfast on the UW campus with two great guys (Jeff and Zach) leading YL at the tent as we try and set up "open gym" opportunities at Mt. Rainier high school. Within the first 20 minutes of me EVER being on MRHS campus I had met the assistant principle and upon him finding out I am the new YL area director in town he offered me essentially the keys to the gym during lunches at the school to open it up for kids to play hoops, volleyball, and soccer! The potential of this could be enormous!

I hope and pray the LO banquet went well last night, praise God for Jim and Patsy Steinfeld, praise God for JC and Krissy for giving their testimonies there, and Go Ducks! For the first time in world history we are ranked number 1 in the country for college football!

Thanks for reading if you made it this far, ha!  Never and Always are God words...Blessings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment