Sunday, October 9, 2011

Albania

 Here is an e-mail I just sent to family:

Hi guys! I am in Albania, it is 7:53 in the evening and we just
finished a wonderful first dinner together. I am running on 3 hours of
sleep and 3 cups of coffee today or as its spelled over here in Europe
Kaffee. I spent 11 hours in the Munich airport yesterday (Saturday)
because my plane in DC had a wing flap malfunction and delayed takeoff
for 2 hours, so I missed my flight in Munich and the only other flight
that day was at 9:20 PM. I arrived in Tirana at 11:00 pm and then had
a 5 hour drive south to Erseke and arrived here at 5:00 am today
(Sunday) and had church at 10. Today has been a great day of meeting
everyone, sharing meals, and walking around town.

Tomorrow at 6:15 am I am headed out to the camp property with some
other guys to check it out, and I think a tractor is supposed to meet
us there so we might get some work done. Mark has given me the blue
prints and architectural drawings to look over tonight. We are already
talking ropes course and praying and dreaming big. I will probably
throw this e-mail up on the blog as well. i have been writing more
extensively in my journal and tomorrow night if I am not so tired I
will try and make those into blog entries as well. No promises on
pictures at this point but I will see how the computer situation
develops.

All for now guys, I am learning a lot, this is ALREADY an amazing
trip...can't wait to see what else God has in store. Language barriers
are fascinating, church today was great today because its different
languages yet we are all speaking the same language to the same God,
super legit stuff! More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment